I was reminded of this photo while thinking ahead to this weekend. A few years ago, I found these pheasant tracks after spending a morning in one of our crane viewing blind along the bank of the Platte River. This weekend, I get to spend three evenings in that same blind – sharing a world-class birding experience with members of The Nature Conservancy. Not a bad weekend, really.
Search this Blog
- The Answer to Yesterday’s Plant Quiz
- What’s This Flower?
- New Date! – Next Platte River Prairies Field Day is August 27, 2014
- Photo of the Week – July 24, 2014
- Prairie Ecologist Spam
- Watching Wetland Water Levels – Timelapse Photography
- Photo of the Week – July 17, 2014
- Longhorns on the Prairie
- Introducing the New Hubbard Fellows!
- Photo of the Week – July 10, 2014
- 2014 Patch-Burn Grazing Meeting – Platte River Prairies, Nebraska
- Hubbard Fellowship Blog – Eliza’s (Sort of) Farewell
- Photo of the Week – July 3, 2014
- Oddballs or Innovators?
- Photo of the Week – June 27, 2014
- “Should I Stay or Should I Go?”
- Photo Of The Week – June 20, 2014
- Wetland Timelapse – Herons, Eagles, and Vultures
- Realistic Motion Photography (Of Cute Fuzzy Mice)
- Photo of the Week – June 12, 2014