I was reminded of this photo while thinking ahead to this weekend. A few years ago, I found these pheasant tracks after spending a morning in one of our crane viewing blind along the bank of the Platte River. This weekend, I get to spend three evenings in that same blind – sharing a world-class birding experience with members of The Nature Conservancy. Not a bad weekend, really.
Search this Blog
- Photo of the Week – August 28, 2014
- Field Day Reminder – TOMORROW, Rain or Shine! Also, A Bee Photo
- Hubbard Fellowship Post – Dillon the Prairie Doctor
- A Trip to Konza Prairie Biological Station, Part 1
- Photo of the Week – August 21, 2014
- A Special Volunteer
- Photo of the Week – August 15, 2014
- Next Field Day – August 27, 2014
- In Celebration of Black-Eyed Susans
- Photo of the Week – August 8, 2014
- How Do You Evaluate Your Prairie?
- Emergence of Life in a Wetland
- Photo of the Week – August 1, 2014
- The Answer to Yesterday’s Plant Quiz
- What’s This Flower?
- New Date! – Next Platte River Prairies Field Day is August 27, 2014
- Photo of the Week – July 24, 2014
- Prairie Ecologist Spam
- Watching Wetland Water Levels – Timelapse Photography
- Photo of the Week – July 17, 2014