Search this Blog
- A Travel Week Plant Quiz
- Photo of the Week – January 23, 2015
- Ruminations on Tree Planting and Prairie Conservation
- Photo of the Week – January 15, 2015
- DON’T PANIC! It’s just a crane fly.
- A Hole New Mystery to Consider
- Photo of the Week – January 8, 2015
- Hubbard Fellowship Blog – Jasmine and Tractors
- Photo of the Week – December 31, 2014
- Photo of the Week – December 26, 2014
- Survival of the Fittest?
- Photo of the Week – December 19, 2014
- Favorite Photos From 2014
- Contrasting Approaches to Prairie Management: Leopold, Land Health and Cabbages.
- Photo of the Week – December 11, 2014
- What I Look For When I Walk Through My Prairies
- Photo of the Week – December 4, 2014
- 2015-2016 Hubbard Fellowship – Apply Now!
- Wanna Know What Really Makes A Sunflower Lose its Head?
- Photo of the Week – November 28, 2014
Tag Archives: grassland restoration
The Annual Grassland Restoration Network Workshop – Coming to A Prairie Near You (If You’re Near Columbia, Missouri)
The Grassland Restoration Network is a loose affiliation of those of us trying to use prairie restoration (reconstruction) as a way to rebuild, conserve and sustain grassland ecosystems. Each year, we put on a workshop to share ideas, techniques, research results, and stories with other. Workshops are … Continue reading
PLEASE JOIN US for a Platte River Prairies Field Day on July 13, 2012. The day will include a range of activities, aimed to introduce relative newcomers to what prairies are all about and to allow more experienced prairie biologists/naturalists a chance … Continue reading
I’ve been involved with high-diversity prairie restoration (reconstruction) since I joined The Nature Conservancy in 1997, learning the basics from Bill Whitney at Prairie Plains Resource Institute. We’ve now planted over 1,500 acres of Platte River cropfields to prairie vegetation, … Continue reading