Search this Blog
- Save the Date – Grassland Restoration Network in Nebraska September 13-14, 2016
- Prairie Blizzard Survival
- Photo of the Week – February 5, 2016
- Plant a Prairie February 13!
- Boys and Sticks
- Hubbard Fellowship – How would you like to help?
- Photo of the Week – January 27, 2016
- Hubbard Fellowship Blog – The Myth of the White Buffalo Calf Woman
- Photo of the Week – January 22, 2016
- Prairie Word of the Day – Habitat Heterogeneity
- Photo of the Week – January 15, 2016
- Hubbard Fellowship Blog – LeConte’s Bonanza
- An Aquatic Stick Insect
- Photo of the Week – January 7, 2016
- Hubbard Fellowship Blog: Ant Swarm (and Lunch)
- My Long Irrational Nightmare is Over. Sort of. Nevermind.
- Photo of the Week – December 31, 2015
- Hubbard Fellowship Blog – What Does the Fox Eat?
- Favorite Photos of 2015
- Photo of the Week – December 17, 2015
Tag Archives: internship
We are now accepting applications to join our 2015-2016 class of Hubbard Fellows. Please share this with anyone who might be interested. The Claire M. Hubbard Fellowship Program bridges the gap between school and career by providing Fellows with a broad set of … Continue reading
I love giving presentations to school kids, but don’t have the time to do it very often. However, when a former intern asked me to come talk to her class, it was hard to say no. As a result, I spent a day … Continue reading
Regular readers of this blog are familiar with The Nature Conservancy’s Hubbard Fellowship program. Our two current Fellows, Eliza and Anne, have been frequent contributors to this blog over the last 6 months. While they’ll be here in Nebraska for another half year, it’s … Continue reading
Guest Post by Eliza Perry, one of our 2013-14 Hubbard Fellows (all photos are by Eliza Perry). The past month has been wild. Instead of writing up a succinct summary, I decided to share a few of my favorite photos I’ve … Continue reading
Guest Post by Anne Stine, one of our 2013-14 Hubbard Fellows: When one considers that the weed-whacker is the modern incarnation of the scythe, Konstantin Levin’s ecstatic enlightenment while cutting wheat with his peasant tenants in Anna Karenina comes across … Continue reading
Attention recent college graduates from Natural Resources and Conservation programs… I am excited to announce the new Claire M. Hubbard Young Leaders in Conservation Fellowship Program. The program will fund two Fellowship positions with The Nature Conservancy of Nebraska. Fellows will be based here … Continue reading
The following is an unpaid advertisement by The Prairie Ecologist… Need to build experience for a career in conservation? Looking for a summer get-away that allows you to give back to the world? Want to increase your knowledge of prairie … Continue reading