Search this Blog
- Photo of the Week – February 5, 2016
- Plant a Prairie February 13!
- Boys and Sticks
- Hubbard Fellowship – How would you like to help?
- Photo of the Week – January 27, 2016
- Hubbard Fellowship Blog – The Myth of the White Buffalo Calf Woman
- Photo of the Week – January 22, 2016
- Prairie Word of the Day – Habitat Heterogeneity
- Photo of the Week – January 15, 2016
- Hubbard Fellowship Blog – LeConte’s Bonanza
- An Aquatic Stick Insect
- Photo of the Week – January 7, 2016
- Hubbard Fellowship Blog: Ant Swarm (and Lunch)
- My Long Irrational Nightmare is Over. Sort of. Nevermind.
- Photo of the Week – December 31, 2015
- Hubbard Fellowship Blog – What Does the Fox Eat?
- Favorite Photos of 2015
- Photo of the Week – December 17, 2015
- Prairie Word of the Day – Disturbance
- Photo of the Week – December 10, 2015
Tag Archives: macro photo
I showed up a little early for a meeting at our Platte River Prairies field headquarters this week. While waiting for the others to arrive, I took advantage of morning sunlight filtering through the fog to photograph a few insects … Continue reading
Last Friday, I wandered through the small prairie we burned back on March 10. Even though it is still very early spring, there were already a number of prairie plants popping out of the ground. I posted photos of this site … Continue reading
Ok, I admit it – I’m a sucker for crab spiders. As much as I enjoy looking at prairie flowers, I enjoy them even more when there’s a crab spider lying in wait among their petals. I must have more … Continue reading
The melting and freezing of water can sure create beauty. During the last week, I’ve spent several days at our prairie cutting trees and playing with my kids. The wetland on the property is frozen enough for ice skating, but warm days/cold … Continue reading
Every visit to a prairie is different – partially because the prairie is always changing, and partially because I focus on different aspects or species each time. This week, I was near Griffith Prairie (owned and managed by my friends … Continue reading
I took my boys to our family’s prairie today. I was only intending to stay for a little while, but they were having so much fun building forts in the trees and drawing pictures in the mud, we stayed for several … Continue reading
This photo reminds me of something, but I can’t figure out what it is. Help? The photo shows melting snow crystals around the edge of some prairie grass. You can’t see the grass because I focused in very closely on … Continue reading
Photography is easy. All you have to do is invest in a really good camera and be in the right place at the right time. Or at least that’s what I’m told by people who aren’t photographers. I always respond that … Continue reading