Search this Blog
- Photo of the Week – February 11, 2016
- Save the Date – Grassland Restoration Network in Nebraska September 13-14, 2016
- Prairie Blizzard Survival
- Photo of the Week – February 5, 2016
- Plant a Prairie February 13!
- Boys and Sticks
- Hubbard Fellowship – How would you like to help?
- Photo of the Week – January 27, 2016
- Hubbard Fellowship Blog – The Myth of the White Buffalo Calf Woman
- Photo of the Week – January 22, 2016
- Prairie Word of the Day – Habitat Heterogeneity
- Photo of the Week – January 15, 2016
- Hubbard Fellowship Blog – LeConte’s Bonanza
- An Aquatic Stick Insect
- Photo of the Week – January 7, 2016
- Hubbard Fellowship Blog: Ant Swarm (and Lunch)
- My Long Irrational Nightmare is Over. Sort of. Nevermind.
- Photo of the Week – December 31, 2015
- Hubbard Fellowship Blog – What Does the Fox Eat?
- Favorite Photos of 2015
Tag Archives: nebraska
The Grassland Restoration Network is a loose affiliation of people trying to use prairie restoration (reconstruction) as a way to rebuild, conserve and sustain grassland ecosystems. Each year, we put on a workshop to share ideas, techniques, research results, and stories with other. Workshops are hosted by … Continue reading
I was looking through a couple batches of winter photos from recent years and found some images I’d never posted here. Since my camera hasn’t left its bag in the last week or so, I’ll post a few of those … Continue reading
Earlier this week, we had a foggy and frosty day. When the clouds finally started to thin, I popped across town to Lincoln Creek Prairie to see if I could get some photographs of the frost. Here are a few … Continue reading
Earlier this week, I mentioned the hike I took at the Niobrara Valley Preserve Monday afternoon and evening. I carried my camera on the walk but waited in vain for decent photography light. The heavy clouds started to thin as … Continue reading
Early last week, a group of us spent a couple days enjoying the Nebraska Sandhills at Calamus Outfitters, a working ranch that also offers a number of outdoor recreation opportunities. Here are a few photos from those days. . It’s … Continue reading
Here in Nebraska, we’ve lost most of our largest predators. Bears and wolves are gone (excepting rare long-distance wanderers). Mountain lions are making a slow comeback in the northern and western parts of Nebraska, but the agricultural character and fragmented … Continue reading
As I was looking at some of my recent photos from our Niobrara Valley Preserve, I realized that I have a series of photos from approximately the same vantage point that illustrates the site’s recovery from the major wildfire back … Continue reading
As I mentioned in my last two posts, I was up at the Niobrara Valley Preserve last week, helping with a bison roundup. As I mentioned in my last post, I helped with the roundup, but I also took photos … Continue reading