Search this Blog
- The Answer to Yesterday’s Plant Quiz
- What’s This Flower?
- New Date! – Next Platte River Prairies Field Day is August 27, 2014
- Photo of the Week – July 24, 2014
- Prairie Ecologist Spam
- Watching Wetland Water Levels – Timelapse Photography
- Photo of the Week – July 17, 2014
- Longhorns on the Prairie
- Introducing the New Hubbard Fellows!
- Photo of the Week – July 10, 2014
- 2014 Patch-Burn Grazing Meeting – Platte River Prairies, Nebraska
- Hubbard Fellowship Blog – Eliza’s (Sort of) Farewell
- Photo of the Week – July 3, 2014
- Oddballs or Innovators?
- Photo of the Week – June 27, 2014
- “Should I Stay or Should I Go?”
- Photo Of The Week – June 20, 2014
- Wetland Timelapse – Herons, Eagles, and Vultures
- Realistic Motion Photography (Of Cute Fuzzy Mice)
- Photo of the Week – June 12, 2014
Tag Archives: nebraska
I’m definitely a better close-up photographer than a landscape photographer. Part of that is just the way my mind works – I tend to look down instead of up when I walk around a prairie. I can always find an … Continue reading
A couple weeks ago, I posted a photo of a sunset from the Niobrara Valley Preserve. In the post, I talked about having to scramble to get into position for the photo before the color left the sky. Barely a … Continue reading
One of the great things about prairies – and nature in general – is that there is way more to discover than I’ll ever have time for. Especially within the world of invertebrates, there is no shortage of species to … Continue reading
We have entered the second year of our Hubbard Fellowship program. Eliza Perry and Anne Stine completed their Fellowships earlier this season, and we brought in two new Fellows, Jasmine and Dillon, on June 2nd. They have seen and learned … Continue reading
When I was at the Niobrara Valley Preserve in late June, I did some macro photography, in addition to the sunset photo I showed last week. Here are four photos from that trip. . . .
This is Eliza Perry’s final blog post as a Hubbard Fellow. However, as you’ll see below, it is not the end of her employment with The Nature Conservancy. Meanwhile, two new Fellows have moved in to fill the void left … Continue reading
It’s good to be back in the prairies after spending last week in the mountains. The mountains were beautiful and daytime temperatures were pleasantly cool, but I sure enjoyed the chance to catch up with the goings on in our … Continue reading
I got up early last Saturday morning, hoping to capture some photographs of the Niobrara Valley Preserve in the light of the sunrise. Unfortunately, the skies were cloudy, and the sun stayed stubbornly behind them as it rose above the … Continue reading
Last weekend, I helped with an event up at our Niobrara Valley Preserve. Neighbors and members of The Nature Conservancy were invited to visit the Preserve, enjoy some home-grown bison burgers, and tour some of the 56,000 acre property. I got … Continue reading