Search this Blog
- Photo of the Week – February 11, 2016
- Save the Date – Grassland Restoration Network in Nebraska September 13-14, 2016
- Prairie Blizzard Survival
- Photo of the Week – February 5, 2016
- Plant a Prairie February 13!
- Boys and Sticks
- Hubbard Fellowship – How would you like to help?
- Photo of the Week – January 27, 2016
- Hubbard Fellowship Blog – The Myth of the White Buffalo Calf Woman
- Photo of the Week – January 22, 2016
- Prairie Word of the Day – Habitat Heterogeneity
- Photo of the Week – January 15, 2016
- Hubbard Fellowship Blog – LeConte’s Bonanza
- An Aquatic Stick Insect
- Photo of the Week – January 7, 2016
- Hubbard Fellowship Blog: Ant Swarm (and Lunch)
- My Long Irrational Nightmare is Over. Sort of. Nevermind.
- Photo of the Week – December 31, 2015
- Hubbard Fellowship Blog – What Does the Fox Eat?
- Favorite Photos of 2015
Tag Archives: opportunistic plants
Fire, grazing, and drought are the three dominant forces that shape(d) our prairies over time. Because of the drought we experienced last year, many of our prairies experienced all three of those forces in the same season. We manage most of … Continue reading
This week, I’m giving a presentation on the impacts of drought to the 2013 Nebraska Weed Control Association’s Annual Conference – a statewide training session for county weed superintendents. In some parts of the country, weed control agents and prairie ecologists don’t always see … Continue reading