Search this Blog
- Photo of the Week – August 21, 2014
- A Special Volunteer
- Photo of the Week – August 15, 2014
- Next Field Day – August 27, 2014
- In Celebration of Black-Eyed Susans
- Photo of the Week – August 8, 2014
- How Do You Evaluate Your Prairie?
- Emergence of Life in a Wetland
- Photo of the Week – August 1, 2014
- The Answer to Yesterday’s Plant Quiz
- What’s This Flower?
- New Date! – Next Platte River Prairies Field Day is August 27, 2014
- Photo of the Week – July 24, 2014
- Prairie Ecologist Spam
- Watching Wetland Water Levels – Timelapse Photography
- Photo of the Week – July 17, 2014
- Longhorns on the Prairie
- Introducing the New Hubbard Fellows!
- Photo of the Week – July 10, 2014
- 2014 Patch-Burn Grazing Meeting – Platte River Prairies, Nebraska
Tag Archives: photography
Before I begin this post, let me say thank you to all of you who voted on the photo choices offered up in last Friday’s post. This time, there was no difficulty in determining the winners. About 90% of the … Continue reading
A couple weeks ago, I was walking around in my family’s prairie and spotted this tiny silhouette. The morning sun was shining through the leaves of a stiff goldenrod plant and a fly was (apparently) warming itself in those rays. … Continue reading
When I was at the Niobrara Valley Preserve in late June, I did some macro photography, in addition to the sunset photo I showed last week. Here are four photos from that trip. . . .
I was back up at the Niobrara Valley Preserve last weekend. The weather was beautiful, and so were the sandhills. A few of us went exploring in the late evening, but the sun was hiding behind clouds, so photography wasn’t … Continue reading
It’s good to be back in the prairies after spending last week in the mountains. The mountains were beautiful and daytime temperatures were pleasantly cool, but I sure enjoyed the chance to catch up with the goings on in our … Continue reading
I downloaded timelapse images the other day from the restored stream/wetland at our Platte River Prairies. Among the long series of photos, there were a couple interesting short stories I thought I’d share. The first is something I’ve not seen before – … Continue reading
I got up early last Saturday morning, hoping to capture some photographs of the Niobrara Valley Preserve in the light of the sunrise. Unfortunately, the skies were cloudy, and the sun stayed stubbornly behind them as it rose above the … Continue reading
Last weekend, I helped with an event up at our Niobrara Valley Preserve. Neighbors and members of The Nature Conservancy were invited to visit the Preserve, enjoy some home-grown bison burgers, and tour some of the 56,000 acre property. I got … Continue reading
I made another trip up to Griffith Prairie last week. It looked pretty much as it had the week before – still lots of ragwort blooming – but the photographs I returned with were very different. This time, I came … Continue reading