Search this Blog
- Photo of the Week – February 11, 2016
- Save the Date – Grassland Restoration Network in Nebraska September 13-14, 2016
- Prairie Blizzard Survival
- Photo of the Week – February 5, 2016
- Plant a Prairie February 13!
- Boys and Sticks
- Hubbard Fellowship – How would you like to help?
- Photo of the Week – January 27, 2016
- Hubbard Fellowship Blog – The Myth of the White Buffalo Calf Woman
- Photo of the Week – January 22, 2016
- Prairie Word of the Day – Habitat Heterogeneity
- Photo of the Week – January 15, 2016
- Hubbard Fellowship Blog – LeConte’s Bonanza
- An Aquatic Stick Insect
- Photo of the Week – January 7, 2016
- Hubbard Fellowship Blog: Ant Swarm (and Lunch)
- My Long Irrational Nightmare is Over. Sort of. Nevermind.
- Photo of the Week – December 31, 2015
- Hubbard Fellowship Blog – What Does the Fox Eat?
- Favorite Photos of 2015
Tag Archives: snow
Now that this week’s blizzard has come and gone, we are left with knee-deep snow all around us. I made it to a small local prairie yesterday morning and trudged around with my camera for a while. There was plenty … Continue reading
One of my favorite winter photography subjects is the kind of “window” created by melting snow around prairie plants. When the sun is shining, dried plants often warm up enough to melt the snow around them a little faster than … Continue reading
Just as I did last week, I’m posting a few more winter photos from my archives. Laying flat on one’s stomach on a frozen river might not sound like much fun to you, but it does give you a neat … Continue reading
I was looking through a couple batches of winter photos from recent years and found some images I’d never posted here. Since my camera hasn’t left its bag in the last week or so, I’ll post a few of those … Continue reading
My wife and I have a tradition of spending part of our holiday break up at the Niobrara Valley Preserve. It’s only a two year old tradition, but nevertheless… This year, the weather was great for hiking, so we spent … Continue reading
Ok, it’s not a world class photo from an artistic standpoint, but it tells a story. I just wish I knew what the story was… I noticed these two small mounds of snow last month in a restored prairie west … Continue reading
Here are two photos that are completely unrelated to each other. Why? Because I feel like it. So there. Ok, I guess both photos were taken in a Nebraska prairie. That’s makes them kind of related, right? 5 points to … Continue reading
Snow! The long range forecast last fall called for a wet winter, but we’ve had very little snow so far. This week, we finally got a couple good snow storms (and two days of cancelled school). However, the high temperatures … Continue reading
I was able to take a trip up to the Niobrara Valley Preserve just after the first of the year. Snow covered the ground and it was bitterly cold much of the time I was there, but there was one … Continue reading
This is a guest blog by Eliza Perry, one of our Hubbard Fellows. All photos are by Eliza. Last week I needed to check the fences around one of our properties. I only needed to walk a quarter of it … Continue reading