As a photographer in the Plains, when I see a forecast with light winds, I do my absolute best to get outside with a camera. This night in May was no exception. The sun was going down, the wind was nearly non-existent, and I was searching for something to put in front of my camera. Though my hometown is surrounded mainly by cropland, I’ve got a pretty good selection of prairies and wetlands within 15-20 minutes of my house. This photo was taken from a small wetland pocket in a Fish and Wildlife Service prairie/wetland restoration project.
Search this Blog
- Photo of the Week – July 20, 2017
- Prairie Noise
- Photo of the Week – July 14, 2017
- Spider Watching
- Photo of the Week – July 6, 2017
- Swarms, Squadrons, and Skies
- Photo of the Week – June 29, 2017
- It’s a WHAT??
- Photo of the Week – June 23, 2017
- Register for the 2017 Grassland Restoration Network Now!
- Exotic Beauty
- Photo of the Week – June 15, 2017
- Events and Announcements
- Child Care Can Be a Burden
- Photo of the Week – June 8, 2017
- Surprising Little Gems
- Photo of the Week – June 2, 2017
- Vacation at Toadstool Geologic Park
- Photo of the Week – May 26, 2017
- Plant Game! (May 23, 2017)