It’s been another great year.  Thanks for your continued support of this blog.

Here are two winter prairie photos that seemed to be appropriate for the end of a year.  Both were late evening photos from earlier this month, taken at my family prairie south of Aurora.

First snow of the season at the Helzer Prairie south of Aurora, Nebraska. This photo was taken well after the sun had gone below the horizon, resulting in a bluish tinge to the snow.

Moon over snowy prairie at dusk.

Wherever you are, and whatever you do, have a great New Year!

9 thoughts on “Photo of the Week – December 29, 2011

1. xandimusic December 29, 2011 / 5:38 am

These shots are awsome, espeiciall the first! Great “blue” snow!
    Greetings
    xandi

2. Anna December 29, 2011 / 9:09 am

I notice you left the cows out of both pictures. :)

• Chris Helzer December 29, 2011 / 10:28 am

No cows were omitted, removed, or harmed during the photographing of these images. The cows had gone home for the winter.

3. James C. Trager December 29, 2011 / 4:58 pm

Brrr!
    I’m a wimp — Sunny and upper 50s F here today, and it suits me fine.

4. greatplainstrail December 31, 2011 / 10:14 am

Nice winter shots! Warm winds here in Colorado. Most of the snow has melted.

5. Karen Hamburger December 31, 2011 / 9:35 pm

HAPPY…HAPPY AND MERRY..MERRY AND ALL THAT JAZZ.
    Peace and much love to you my teacher.

Karen

6. Ian Lunt January 2, 2012 / 4:35 am

Thanks for a great year of informative and entertaining blogs Chris, best wishes Ian

7. Lauren January 3, 2012 / 12:37 pm

Great photos!! I wish we could have snow over here by Wahoo but everyone else wants this 50 degree weather to continue. Pfft, I want snow. It’s January and I think it would fit the scene, if you know what I mean.