Over the last three days, I’ve given three presentations and led a workshop.  I think I’m running out of words.  There’s no question I’ve run out of the desire to be around people.  I say this in defense of what is going to be a late and very short post at the end of this long week.

I scanned quickly through my February photos tonight and found two that are very different in scale.  One from early February is a close up of a grazed plant in the snow.  The other is a shot of Sandhill cranes that have been pouring into the Platte River this week as part of their annual migration.  I hope you enjoy this very brief (and admittedly lazy) overview of February on the Platte River of Nebraska.  I’m going to bed.

Some kind of plant that was nipped off by some kind of animal. Stiff goldenrod? Rabbit? Platte River Prairies, Nebraska.
Sandhill cranes on a mostly frozen Platte River this week.

9 thoughts on “Photo of the Week – March 2, 2018

1. Ian Penna March 2, 2018 / 10:18 pm

Your ‘Sandhill Cranes on a mostly frozen Platte River’ photo would make a great Jigsaw puzzle!

2. D Thompson March 2, 2018 / 11:51 pm

We all know that through the seasons and the years the prairies go through continuous changes. We all greatly appreciate that you record many of those changes. Please continue.

3. mikesbucket March 3, 2018 / 7:40 am

Strangely, this post showed up on my Facebook feed right next to this post from “becoming minimalist”.
    Uncle Mike

4. Julene Bair March 3, 2018 / 9:07 am

Yes, please do continue. Gorgeous picture of the cranes!

5. Joanne March 3, 2018 / 9:45 am

Hope you had a much needed winter rest. Your postings and photos are heart warmers for this ole “sandhiller”

6. James McGee March 3, 2018 / 3:49 pm

I’ve heard being popular is tough. You’ll be fine. Just remember the lesson’s you learned from running and pace yourself.

7. Corner Garden Sue March 4, 2018 / 1:30 pm

I hope you were able to get some rest, and are able to have plenty of time out in nature. I am excited to see a few things coming up.

8. James C. Trager March 5, 2018 / 1:07 pm

I love the caption on the first one. To be turly minimalist, you could have just left it “Some kind of plant that was nipped off by some kind of animal.”

• James C. Trager March 5, 2018 / 1:08 pm