I was looking through a couple batches of winter photos from recent years and found some images I’d never posted here.  Since my camera hasn’t left its bag in the last week or so, I’ll post a few of those old photos today.

So – I hereby present:

“Miscellaneous photos I didn’t previously feel were worthy of posting but are better than nothing.”

Or maybe, “I bet you’ve never seen THESE photos before!”

ENPO130223_D005
Stiff sunflower (Helianthus pauciflorus) buried in snow. Aurora, Nebraska.
Frozen stream/wetland. The Nature Conservancy's Platte River Prairies, Nebraska.
Frozen stream/wetland. The Nature Conservancy’s Platte River Prairies, Nebraska.
Sun and shadow contrast on snow drift.
Sun and shadow contrast on snow drift.

8 thoughts on “Photo of the Week – January 15, 2016

1. Mary Samerdyke January 15, 2016 / 12:54 pm

These photos are all so lovely and capture the essence of “place.”

2. Joanne January 15, 2016 / 12:57 pm

I can feel the essence of the prairie looking at these photos thank you for posting.

3. Lloyd Crim January 15, 2016 / 12:58 pm

How about some photos of harvestmen? Dig some of those out of the archives!

4. Betty Songer January 15, 2016 / 1:57 pm

Just beautiful! SO glad you decided to post these photos!Betty Songer

Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2016 17:45:06 +0000 To: bbsong54@hotmail.com

5. kocart January 15, 2016 / 2:32 pm

At first I thought the snow drift was sand–it looks like the sand of Pensacola Beach. Lovely photos. The wide angle with the cottonwood in the distance evokes the kind of time and space distortion you feel on the high prairie in winter–very well done.

6. lv January 16, 2016 / 12:55 am

Love sn*w! Beautifully captured.

7. Jane January 22, 2016 / 9:38 pm

Gorgeous shots! The last shot reminds me of sand dunes in Namibia…except that yours are white and cold of course. :)