Favorite Photos of 2015

As has become an annual tradition, I’ve once again put together a collection of my favorite photos from the last year.  Most of these have appeared in 2015 blog posts, although I think at least one or two haven’t.  (I’m not telling you which ones.)

You can view the photos in one of two ways.  First, you can simply watch the slideshow below – and you can click on the arrows to control the speed of the slideshow if you wish.  If the slideshow doesn’t work on your particular device, you can also (hopefully) watch the same show on the YouTube video below the slideshow.

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

Thank you, as always, for reading this blog.  Please help me spread interest and enthusiasm about prairies and conservation by passing along this or any other blog post you think others might enjoy (including the three minute video I put together earlier this year).  Together, we can fight the perception that prairies are just boring patches of grass!

Have a wonderful holiday season and enjoy the final week of 2015!

11 thoughts on “Favorite Photos of 2015

1. Joanne December 24, 2015 / 12:20 pm

A wonderful way to relax during this holiday season – watching the 3 minute video of my homeland. This has been shared with my grandchildren. Have a Merry Christmas and keep up the good work in 2016

2. Lloyd December 24, 2015 / 2:27 pm

Photos were great! And I liked the video, but somehow I couldn’t get the sound to work?

• Chris Helzer December 24, 2015 / 4:28 pm

Thanks Lloyd. You’re not missing anything. There isn’t any sound.

3. Ellen Jacquart December 24, 2015 / 3:41 pm

Utterly delightful! I particularly like how you take photos sneaking up on plants -like the backside of Rudbeckia. Typical photos are head on, and yours capture the view from behind. Somehow I like that better.

4. Gabe Brown December 24, 2015 / 3:52 pm

Fantastic! The prairies are so beautiful.
    Merry Christmas!

5. Marie December 24, 2015 / 6:08 pm

Beautiful, Chris. You have a great eye.

6. Kristin Terpening December 28, 2015 / 8:01 am

Many years ago I began my career as a biologist working on north Texas tallgrass prairies for TNC. I had no idea then just how amazing native prairies are. I now work in Arizona, so viewing your posts and wonderful photographs are such a nice reminder for me of treasured prairie experiences…doing Rx burns, leading volunteer events and field trips, and just getting out on the prairies to see what was going on. Thanks Chris!

7. James C. Trager December 28, 2015 / 1:19 pm

Beautiful, Chris!
    Thanks for you ongoing effort to enrich our land, our lives, and our knowledge.

8. Mary Voges December 28, 2015 / 2:39 pm

Looking forward to many more beautiful pictures and comments. Thank you so much.

9. jim redmond January 3, 2016 / 7:10 pm

The plant insect intersect gives the viewer a true sense of habitat. I hope some of these creatures will be sustained. through the carbon sink our atmosphere will become Jim Redmond