Search this Blog
- Photo of the Week – August 18, 2017
- Down A Deer Vetch Rabbit Hole
- Photo of the Week – August 11, 2017
- Miscellaneous Sightings
- Photo of the Week – August 3, 2017
- Popular Sunflowers
- Photo of the Week – July 28, 2017
- Pollinators and Insect Conservation Field Day – August 5
- Hubbard Fellowship Applications Are Being Accepted NOW!
- Photo of the Week – July 20, 2017
- Prairie Noise
- Photo of the Week – July 14, 2017
- Spider Watching
- Photo of the Week – July 6, 2017
- Swarms, Squadrons, and Skies
- Photo of the Week – June 29, 2017
- It’s a WHAT??
- Photo of the Week – June 23, 2017
- Register for the 2017 Grassland Restoration Network Now!
- Exotic Beauty
Tag Archives: gjerloff prairie
Man, I sure do love Carolina anemone (Anemone carolinianum). It’s such a beautiful plant in such a compact package. We have a few plants blooming in our prairie garden at home, but last weekend, I went looking for more of them … Continue reading
Gjerloff Prairie, formerly known as Griffith Prairie, is a beautiful site on steep loess hills adjacent to the Platte River. It’s owned and managed by Prairie Plains Resource Institute, and was burned earlier this spring. I walked around the prairie … Continue reading