Search this Blog
- Pollinators and Insect Conservation Field Day – August 5
- Hubbard Fellowship Applications Are Being Accepted NOW!
- Photo of the Week – July 20, 2017
- Prairie Noise
- Photo of the Week – July 14, 2017
- Spider Watching
- Photo of the Week – July 6, 2017
- Swarms, Squadrons, and Skies
- Photo of the Week – June 29, 2017
- It’s a WHAT??
- Photo of the Week – June 23, 2017
- Register for the 2017 Grassland Restoration Network Now!
- Exotic Beauty
- Photo of the Week – June 15, 2017
- Events and Announcements
- Child Care Can Be a Burden
- Photo of the Week – June 8, 2017
- Surprising Little Gems
- Photo of the Week – June 2, 2017
- Vacation at Toadstool Geologic Park
Tag Archives: opportunistic plants
Fire, grazing, and drought are the three dominant forces that shape(d) our prairies over time. Because of the drought we experienced last year, many of our prairies experienced all three of those forces in the same season. We manage most of … Continue reading
This week, I’m giving a presentation on the impacts of drought to the 2013 Nebraska Weed Control Association’s Annual Conference – a statewide training session for county weed superintendents. In some parts of the country, weed control agents and prairie ecologists don’t always see … Continue reading