Search this Blog
- Plant Game! (May 23, 2017)
- Photo of the Week – May 19, 2017
- The Joy, Angst, Excitement and Dread of Walking Through a Young Restored Prairie
- Photo of the Week – May 12, 2017
- 2017 Field Days! (And a Photo Question)
- Photo of the Week – May 5, 2017
- Frosty Monarchs
- Photo of the Week – April 28, 2017
- How Small Is Too Small?
- Photo of the Week – April 20, 2017
- Not Yet, Monarchs, Not Yet!
- Photo of the Week – April 13, 2017
- Spring Obsession
- Burning For Good Reasons
- Photo of the Week – April 6, 2017
- Hubbard Fellowship Blog – The Nature of Human Intervention
- Photo of the Week – March 31, 2017
- Now You See Them, Now You Don’t (But They Might Still Be There!)
- Photo of the Week – March 24, 2017
- Hubbard Alumni Post – Chicken Wire?!
Tag Archives: protein
Not many insects can feed on milkweed. Milkweed plants produce a toxin that disables a protein in animals – a protein that facilitates important functions such as muscle contraction. Only a small number of insect species around the world have evolved ways to get around this … Continue reading