Search this Blog
- Down A Deer Vetch Rabbit Hole
- Photo of the Week – August 11, 2017
- Miscellaneous Sightings
- Photo of the Week – August 3, 2017
- Popular Sunflowers
- Photo of the Week – July 28, 2017
- Pollinators and Insect Conservation Field Day – August 5
- Hubbard Fellowship Applications Are Being Accepted NOW!
- Photo of the Week – July 20, 2017
- Prairie Noise
- Photo of the Week – July 14, 2017
- Spider Watching
- Photo of the Week – July 6, 2017
- Swarms, Squadrons, and Skies
- Photo of the Week – June 29, 2017
- It’s a WHAT??
- Photo of the Week – June 23, 2017
- Register for the 2017 Grassland Restoration Network Now!
- Exotic Beauty
- Photo of the Week – June 15, 2017
Tag Archives: snow-on-the-mountain
Snow-on-the-mountain (Euphorbia marginata) is a showy plant, but not because of its flowers. In fact, the flowers are tiny and very simple. It’s the leaves (and some bracts beneath the flowers) that make the plant outstanding in its field. Like … Continue reading
“Those weeds are really taking over my pasture!” I cringe when I hear that sentence because it’s often a precursor to broadcast spraying of herbicide and the subsequent loss of most plant diversity in a prairie. That’s really bad. What’s … Continue reading