Search this Blog
- Returning to Nachusa Grasslands
- Photo of the Week – July 21, 2016
- A Crappy Job But Somebody’s Got To Do It
- Photo of the Week – July 14, 2016
- Hubbard Fellowship Blog – Welcome to the Fourth Class of Hubbard Fellows!
- A Conciliatory Gift from the Mammal Community?
- Photo of the Week – July 7, 2016
- More Than One Milkweed
- Photo of the Week – July 1, 2016
- Photo of the Week – June 24, 2016
- In Defense of Erosion
- Platte River Prairies Field Day – THIS WEDNESDAY
- Photo of the Week – June 17, 2016
- A Week in the Sandhills
- Photo of the Week- June 10, 2016
- Graduating. Naturally.
- Photo of the Week – June 3, 2016
- Next Platte River Prairies Field Day – June 22, 2016
- Prairie Dog Spider
- Photo of the Week – May 27, 201
Tag Archives: how to kill trees in prairie
One of the greatest challenges of prairie management, especially in small eastern prairies, is managing the invasion of small deciduous trees. Most prairie species (plant and animal alike) thrive best in open treeless habitats. Encroaching trees can fragment large prairies into smaller pieces, … Continue reading