Search this Blog
- Photo of the Week – March 24, 2017
- Hubbard Alumni Post – Chicken Wire?!
- Photo of the Week – March 17, 2016
- Should We Manage for Rare Species or Species Diversity?
- Photo of the Week – March 9, 2017
- Spines, Thorns, and the Plant Game
- Photo of the Week – March 2, 2017
- Hubbard Fellowship Blog – No “Earth” without “Art”
- Save the Date – Grassland Restoration Network July 11-12, 2017
- Photo of the Week – February 23, 2017
- Pill Bug Mystery
- Introducing “The Plant Game”
- Photo of the Week – February 16, 2017
- The Life of a Single Mom (Bee)
- Photo of the Week – February 9, 2017
- Compatibility of Cows, Conservation and Climate Change?
- Hubbard Alumni Blog: Platte Meditations
- Photo of the Week – February 3, 2017
- Survey Data is IN – THANK YOU!
- Photo of the Week – January 26, 2017
Tag Archives: open house
We’ve completed the full agenda for our next Platte River Prairies Field Day on August 21. We’ll have a wide range of topics and sessions to choose from; it should be a fantastic day. See the full agenda, descriptions of … Continue reading
Our next Field Day will be on August 27 – – NOT August 29, 2014. It was pointed out to me by several people that it might be a bad idea to schedule a field day on the Friday of … Continue reading
I hope to see many of you at our first Field Day of the 2014 season. On Friday, June 13, we’ll host hikes and presentations all day long at our Platte River Prairies. Come learn about prairie ecology, plant identification, … Continue reading
If you’ve been waiting for a special invitation to come explore the Platte River Prairies, here it is… “Come explore the Platte River Prairies!” During 2014, we will be hosting a number of events, including two Field Days, several volunteer … Continue reading
Just a quick reminder that our Platte River Prairies Field Day is Friday July 12. We will have hikes and presentations on plant identification, invasive species, reptiles, amphibians, small mammals, insects, prairie management and restoration, and much more. If you’re … Continue reading
Come spend a day on the Platte River Prairies! Our annual open house/field day, just south of Wood River, Nebraska, will provide opportunities to hike the prairies with a variety of grassland experts. – Learn about prairie reptiles and amphibians … Continue reading
Recent rains have helped to ensure that we’ll have an abundance of flowers to look at during our Platte River Prairies Field Day on July 13, 2012. It’s been hot and dry – and looks to continue that way for … Continue reading
PLEASE JOIN US for a Platte River Prairies Field Day on July 13, 2012. The day will include a range of activities, aimed to introduce relative newcomers to what prairies are all about and to allow more experienced prairie biologists/naturalists a chance … Continue reading