Search this Blog
- That Predator Just Killed My Predator!
- Photo of the Week – August 18, 2016
- Sand Wasps
- Voting Results: Prairie and Bee? or Bee in Prairie?
- Photo of the Week – August 11, 2016
- Hubbard Fellowship Post – Community-Based Stewardship and Long-Term Management
- Register Now – 2016 Grassland Restoration Network Workshop
- Quick Field Day Note
- Photo of the Week – August 4, 2016
- The Role of History In Today’s Prairie Management
- Photo of the Week – July 28, 2016
- Platte River Prairies Field Day – August 6, 2016
- Returning to Nachusa Grasslands
- Photo of the Week – July 21, 2016
- A Crappy Job But Somebody’s Got To Do It
- Photo of the Week – July 14, 2016
- Hubbard Fellowship Blog – Welcome to the Fourth Class of Hubbard Fellows!
- A Conciliatory Gift from the Mammal Community?
- Photo of the Week – July 7, 2016
- More Than One Milkweed
Tag Archives: niobrara valley preserve
One of the great things about working for The Nature Conservancy is that I get to do a lot of bison watching. Just in the last couple weeks I’ve had several opportunities to get close to bison at our Niobrara … Continue reading
I’ve written many times about the 2012 wildfire that impacted our Niobrara Valley Preserve, and the continuing recovery of the plant and animal communities there. When I was up at the Preserve a few weeks ago, it was really interesting … Continue reading
We just returned home from our family trip to The Nature Conservancy’s Niobrara Valley Preserve. I posted some photos from the first half of the trip earlier this week. Here are a few more, but they don’t begin to cover … Continue reading
It’s family vacation time for The Prairie Ecologist. The objective for this week is to see how much fun two adults and three kids can squeeze out of The Nature Conservancy’s Niobrara Valley Preserve. Ok, I’m actually doing a little … Continue reading
Being a nature photographer sometimes means I can plan trips to interesting places and spend extended periods of time focusing on nothing but photography. More often, however, my photography comes in short opportunistic bursts in the middle of other activities. … Continue reading
Look, more timelapse photography… I’m nearing the end of the process of going through all the images from the last three years of timelapse work at the Niobrara Valley Preserve. My eyes are very tired, but it’s been a lot … Continue reading
Many of you remember previous posts about the wildfire that swept across the Niobrara Valley back in July 2012. About half of The Nature Conservancy’s Niobrara Valley Preserve burned during that event. Through some funding from the Nebraska Environmental Trust … Continue reading
While my wife Kim and I were at the Niobrara Valley Preserve for several days in December, we spotted a small creature neither of us had seen before. We were walking along the edge of the river (hoping to see … Continue reading
My wife and I have a tradition of spending part of our holiday break up at the Niobrara Valley Preserve. It’s only a two year old tradition, but nevertheless… This year, the weather was great for hiking, so we spent … Continue reading