Tag Archives: restored prairie

Bees in a Restored Prairie Landscape – So far, So Good

Mike Arduser has (mostly) finished identifying the bees we found during our insect week in early July this year.  Though the data we collected during that week was just a first step, the early results are very positive.  It appears … Continue reading

Posted in General, Prairie Insects, Prairie Management, Prairie Natural History, Prairie Photography, Prairie Plants, Prairie Restoration/Reconstruction | Tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , | 7 Comments

Photo of the Week – April 21, 2011

Spring is the time for early wildflowers, cool rain showers, and northward-migrating birds.  It’s also the time during which smooth brome and other invasive cool-season grasses get their annual jump on the competition. Suppressing invasive grasses and allowing native grasses and forbs … Continue reading

Posted in General, Prairie Management, Prairie Plants | Tagged , , , , , , , | 11 Comments