Search this Blog
- Photo of the Week – April 28, 2017
- How Small Is Too Small?
- Photo of the Week – April 20, 2017
- Not Yet, Monarchs, Not Yet!
- Photo of the Week – April 13, 2017
- Spring Obsession
- Burning For Good Reasons
- Photo of the Week – April 6, 2017
- Hubbard Fellowship Blog – The Nature of Human Intervention
- Photo of the Week – March 31, 2017
- Now You See Them, Now You Don’t (But They Might Still Be There!)
- Photo of the Week – March 24, 2017
- Hubbard Alumni Post – Chicken Wire?!
- Photo of the Week – March 17, 2016
- Should We Manage for Rare Species or Species Diversity?
- Photo of the Week – March 9, 2017
- Spines, Thorns, and the Plant Game
- Photo of the Week – March 2, 2017
- Hubbard Fellowship Blog – No “Earth” without “Art”
- Save the Date – Grassland Restoration Network July 11-12, 2017
Tag Archives: smooth brome
Spring is the time for early wildflowers, cool rain showers, and northward-migrating birds. It’s also the time during which smooth brome and other invasive cool-season grasses get their annual jump on the competition. Suppressing invasive grasses and allowing native grasses and forbs … Continue reading
HAPPY (?) NATIONAL INVASIVE SPECIES AWARENESS WEEK It’s bad enough that invasive species are taking over our prairies and other natural areas. Why do we insist on helping them do it? When my dad was in high school in the … Continue reading